Discovery Gaming Community
To: Mr Edwin Cornelius Pennybrooke - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Communication Channel (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: To: Mr Edwin Cornelius Pennybrooke (/showthread.php?tid=97678)

To: Mr Edwin Cornelius Pennybrooke - Thunderer - 04-26-2013

- Incoming Transmission -

-= Very High Encryption =-

Priority: High
To: Mr Edwin Cornelius Pennybrooke

[Image: charlesrhallv2.jpg]

Salutations, Mr Pennybrooke.

You have probably already received my reply to your reply to my message. Here and now, I am telling you that it wasn't a real reply, while this is.

I am content with every information you have provided, except two of them. Firstly, the cargo I want you to haul is not appropriate for ships carrying people, what liners are. And secondly, your ship doesn't have a cloaking device. Thus, I must ask you the following questions:

Would you mind hauling cargo of unspeakably smelly kind, if you are required only one shipment?

Would you mind getting a bit hostile with the Gauls after the job is done?

You will perform an action illegal in Gallia, of which the Gauls will be absolutely unaware, but only before you do it. You will probably be surrounded by numerous police and military ships when the job is done. How would you escape?

I need you to answer them sincerely. I can't allow any incidents to happen, especially not to civilians. Farewell until then.

- Over -

RE: To: Mr Edwin Cornelius Pennybrooke - Karst - 04-26-2013

-incoming transmission-
-source: LL-Pennybrooke-
-subject: mysterious mission-

Good day once again, Mr Hall.

I must admit I am slightly baffled by all of this, but I will try to answer your concerns.

First of all, cargo. I have, at times, carried goods other than people in my liner, but this was generally packaged manufactured goods, not some dusty rocks or the like.
Even so, it was a huge hassle loading and unloading them.

Generally, I would be willing to deliver some form of cargo, but your description of "unspeakably smelly" worries me greatly.
Is it smelly in such a way that fabric and wood would absorb the miasma?
If so, can it perhaps be packaged in ALG's patented HazMat containers?
Because I simply cannot transport anything that would permanently befoul the interior of my ship. It is a luxury liner, after all.

Next, about diplomacy with Gallia. Officially, I keep a neutral stance toward everyone, and this includes Gallia.
However, I definitely believe my home needs all the help they can get in this awful war, to restore a balance of power in Sirius.
So in principal, I would not object to doing something illegal in Gallia to help our crown.

But your description puzzled me greatly. You say they would be unaware at first, but not after I do this. And that I would be "a bit hostile" afterwards.

This is a bit of a problem, I fly to Gallia regularly bringing passengers from Kusari and leaving with refugees that no longer wish to live under their mad king.
I would not want to perform any action that will earn me a permanent entry in their criminal database.

So to summarize: I'm willing to help, but I'm going to need a lot more details on what exactly I will be carrying, and what exactly I will be doing.

-edit transmission-

Oh, and I almost forgot: You asked me how I would escape. Well obviously, this would depend greatly on where exactly I need to escape from, and who exactly I need to escape from.
At the very least, I can count on my top-of-the-line armour shell and extensive knowledge of Gallic geography.

-end edit-

- Regards, Edwin Pennybrooke

-end transmission-

RE: To: Mr Edwin Cornelius Pennybrooke - Thunderer - 04-26-2013

- Incoming Transmission -

-= Very High Encryption =-

Priority: Medium
To: Mr Edwin Cornelius Pennybrooke
Subject: RE: Mysterious Mission

[Image: charlesrhallv2.jpg]

Hello again, Mr Pennybrooke.

I'm afraid I can't let you do the mission. It's too risky and I don't want civilian casualties, nor any at all. I hope you'll understand that this is a classified mission, and thus I can't provide you more information.

By the way, I've been once been in your truly magnificent liner. I wouldn't let those fine wooden carvings take the smell of... well, what I wanted you to carry.

Anyways, safe journey wherever you go. Farewell.

- Over -

RE: To: Mr Edwin Cornelius Pennybrooke - Karst - 04-26-2013

-incoming transmission-
-source: LL-Pennybrooke-
-subject: mysterious mission-

Hello again, Mr Hall.

I feared my liner might not be ideal for whatever it is you had in mind.

And I'm pleased you've enjoyed your trip on it, that is why I do what I do.

Anyways, if you ever need someone for a more discreet mission that doesn't involve terrible smells or hostile encounters, such as intelligence gathering, feel free to contact me.

I do hope you find someone suitable for this mission. Good luck.

- Yours, Edwin Pennybrooke

-end transmission-