Discovery Gaming Community
Question about Player Bases and IDs - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Question about Player Bases and IDs (/showthread.php?tid=98136)

Question about Player Bases and IDs - Occam Razor - 05-05-2013

Is a faction allowed to defend its own Player Base if its not specifically stated in the ID? Not sure, but I think its not stated in any ID, so are you allowed to shoot on the aggressors or do you have to let them shoot on you before being allowed to defend your base?

RE: Question about Player Bases and IDs - Ingenious - 05-05-2013

If your faction spent hundreds of millions of credits and hundreds of man-hours building and supplying a base, there is no logical reason why you shouldn't defend it.

RE: Question about Player Bases and IDs - Jack_Henderson - 05-05-2013

I also think that the AI can defend their base in Sigma 13 against attacks and enemies.
At least any attack against the base (e.g. by GMG ships) imo counts as an attack against AI can you can use the "self defense" paragraph in your ID.

I would not go hunting GMG ships outside of S13 now, because that would likely take it too far, but everything that has the base in scanner range is perfectly okay in my opinion. It is a war-situation, covered by rp.

RE: Question about Player Bases and IDs - Occam Razor - 05-05-2013

(05-05-2013, 05:33 PM)Jack_Henderson Wrote: I also think that the AI can defend their base in Sigma 13 against attacks and enemies.
At least any attack against the base (e.g. by GMG ships) imo counts as an attack against AI can you can use the "self defense" paragraph in your ID.

I would not go hunting GMG ships outside of S13 now, because that would likely take it too far, but everything that has the base in scanner range is perfectly okay in my opinion. It is a war-situation, covered by rp.

We do not want to attack the GMG. We just defend our base. Well, an official statement to this would be nice... We do not want to break any rule.

RE: Question about Player Bases and IDs - Oystein Baadsvik - 05-05-2013

I think anyone should be able to defend their base with valid RP. As for the exact stances rule wise, corporate factions definitely can I think as many have this line:

Quote:Can attack pirates and terrorists in self-defense, to protect another lawful trader, or in defense of corporate bases of the same affiliation.

However I'm sure you can defend your legally to, admins are people and if there's a valid reason not to follow the rules by the letter then I'm sure you'd be fine. We have been doing the same, defending our bases from attackers and it's not a problem (with our DSE ID which does have the line above as well)

RE: Question about Player Bases and IDs - farmerman - 05-05-2013

Corporations can clearly do so, as their ID states as such. That said, I don't think anyone will be able to find fault with someone defending their base so long as there's a clear connection and it isn't the weird oorp combos that bases seem to bring at times.