Discovery Gaming Community
Discovery 4.87 Balance Discussion - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Discovery Mod Balance (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=31)
+---- Thread: Discovery 4.87 Balance Discussion (/showthread.php?tid=98573)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39

Discovery 4.87 Balance Discussion - aerelm - 05-15-2013

[Discovery 4.87 Balance Discussion]

Purpose of this thread is to voice concerns and discuss the announced changes from this log.

Keep in mind that no exact stats are or will be provided before the initial 4.87 release log, so please don't ask for such info in this thread. If you have a concern or opinion regarding an announced change, make sure to provide a solid enough argument in regards of it and note that even though the balance team may not be answering to each and every post in this thread, they're all still taken into consideration and discussed.

P.S: Needless to say, keep it civil and don't forget your complimentary box of tissues and tinfoil hat on your way out.

RE: Discovery 4.87 Balance Discussion - Rodnas - 05-15-2013

Nothing to say on the posted changes yet as there are no clear numbers out( can we get trands at least? Or a tad more specific?).

BUT: by introducing this blog you are my personal hero for at least this week! Very well done - Transparency 1 Rumormill 0

Smile

RE: Discovery 4.87 Balance Discussion - aerelm - 05-15-2013

Rest of the updates is going to be more specific. The update regarding fighter guns is that vague only because there's a bit of a surprise into it, which we do not want to spoil before 4.87 is out.

RE: Discovery 4.87 Balance Discussion - Duvelske - 05-15-2013

Quote:Class 6 (hp_turret_special_6) : Cruiser Turret - Heavy
Class 7 (hp_turret_special_7) : Cruiser Turret - Standard
Class 8 (hp_turret_special_8) : Battleship Turret - Heavy
Class 9 (hp_turret_special_9) : Battleship Turret - Medium
Class 10 (hp_turret_special_10): Battleship Turret - Light

Might be me but why are these different then ALL other types? why not switch it to for example the highest class the most heavy weapon and the lesser class the less heavy weapon? would make sense isn't it? As all the other weapons are like that exept cruisers and battleships now it seems.

Btw does it mean that the nephy has now 18 heavy slots then?

RE: Discovery 4.87 Balance Discussion - aerelm - 05-15-2013

Those changes were made in regards to certain technical points in ship slots, not the guns themselves.

And no, that means same number of slots will be converted to the new classes unless an adjustment is required.

(05-15-2013, 11:55 AM)aerelm Wrote: Those changes were made in regards to certain technical points in ship slots, not the guns themselves.

And no, that means same number of slots will be converted to the new classes unless an adjustment is required.

Well can you state me which technical points then? As it is only Cruiser and BS ships i dont see a problem with it. You can assign it easy to 9 or 10 slots. its just in the shiparch.ini file. It creates only a heavy load of unneeded work in my eyes. Also it is not logical. If you want to make it logical you should change the fighter and all other slots too. so the lesser class is the more heavy weapon.

// might sound kinda direct. But i guess we all want the best for disco, its nothing personal.

RE: Discovery 4.87 Balance Discussion - Thyrzul - 05-15-2013

It seems to be illogical for me too that those classes are in reverse order. I am currently pretty fine with class 8 being the Light, 9 the Medium and 10 the Heavy one for Battleship turrets. Same for Cruisers.

Although if the reversed order is intended to stay, can we get an elaboration about the reasons behind it?

RE: Discovery 4.87 Balance Discussion - Blodo - 05-15-2013

It's going to have to be switched back to the proper order. It's a dev boo boo (not Aerelm's or my fault!!!).

RE: Discovery 4.87 Balance Discussion - AeternusDoleo - 05-15-2013

(05-15-2013, 12:07 PM)Duvelske Wrote: Well can you state me which technical points then? As it is only Cruiser and BS ships i dont see a problem with it. You can assign it easy to 9 or 10 slots. its just in the shiparch.ini file. It creates only a heavy load of unneeded work in my eyes. Also it is not logical. If you want to make it logical you should change the fighter and all other slots too. so the lesser class is the more heavy weapon.
Class 8 slots are listed before class 9 and class 10 on the turrets. That's why the Heavy guns moved to class 8, so you can fire those from keyboard key 1, 2, 3 and so on manually if those are a slow refire weapon. It helps players use those special weapons with hotkeys rather then having to tinker with weapon groups.
For the cruisers the same reasoning applies.

[Edit] So DON'T switch those back over. It was done with good reason.

Some points:
- Will the Nommies get an EMP fighter/bomber gun? They've been asking, and it seems fair.
- Colada Del Cid to bomber EMP. Interesting. Will there also be an improvement to other bomber weapons? SNAC-like EMP torpedo? Improvement to that EMP guided torpedo which currently noone uses since it's too short range, and too low on damage? Additional bomber main weapons such as a short range beam lance to allow them to deal with highly agile gunboats - and give SHFs an interesting new main weapon against sluggish fighters?
- House civvy guns are a point of concern when it comes to assigning their sale points. That's going to be a bit of a job. How are those declared incidentally? Liberty = Flashpoints, Bretonia = Purple Goddess (and needs a class 7->6 of those), Kusari = new Neutron, Rheinland = new Plasma?
- Don't forget to check the AI stem guns. I think those were missed in 4.85 and 4.86 when it came to checking them.
- Code guns: Will there be some more variation in refire and projectile speeds to make the impopular ones a bit more popular?

(05-15-2013, 01:48 PM)AeternusDoleo Wrote:
(05-15-2013, 12:07 PM)Duvelske Wrote: Well can you state me which technical points then? As it is only Cruiser and BS ships i dont see a problem with it. You can assign it easy to 9 or 10 slots. its just in the shiparch.ini file. It creates only a heavy load of unneeded work in my eyes. Also it is not logical. If you want to make it logical you should change the fighter and all other slots too. so the lesser class is the more heavy weapon.
Class 8 slots are listed before class 9 and class 10 on the turrets. That's why the Heavy guns moved to class 8, so you can fire those from keyboard key 1, 2, 3 and so on manually if those are a slow refire weapon. It helps players use those special weapons with hotkeys rather then having to tinker with weapon groups.
For the cruisers the same reasoning applies.

[Edit] So DON'T switch those back over. It was done with good reason.

Uhh assign this:
options > controls > fire weapon group (bind it to a key ?)

(05-15-2013, 01:48 PM)AeternusDoleo Wrote: Some points:
- Will the Nommies get an EMP fighter/bomber gun? They've been asking, and it seems fair.
I would prefer if they would just buff the shield dmg a little on these guns. As the adad is a light bomber i think? (have to check dunno.) But some more shield dmg would be nice yes.