Discovery Gaming Community
Looking for new CR logos - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Media Center (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+--- Thread: Looking for new CR logos (/showthread.php?tid=129950)

Pages: 1 2 3

Looking for new CR logos - Teerin - 05-28-2015

So, a lot of CR|'s logos are outdated. We also changed our name from Colonial Republic to Crayter Republic, to match our lore and be less of what we used to be, way back in 2007 when the mod was something completely different (well, not completely). Anyway, we'd like to keep some of the gist of the old logo.

That is, the Phoenix part of it. Has to do with life loving to screw the CR over, again and again, but us always picking ourselves back up.

However, to incorporate the parts of our lore in which the majority (or at least a plurality) of our ancestry is Greek in origin, we also looked into the double-headed eagle, commonly used by the ERE/Byzantines (which, while admittedly Roman by legality, was culturally and linguistically mostly Greek). But to be original, we decided to step it up a notch further; a double headed Phoenix. Should be cool, if it turns out right.

Now, image artists, keep in mind that it's supposed to be a logo. Cool, yet relatively simple. Make it good, but not too flashy or complex.

Use our old logo and this double-headed eagle for inspiration on the animal (don't make the feet so big, though). Like in the old one, Crayter Republic should arch from the edge of the left wing over to the right. Something neat should go along the sides, and the overall shape should be a circle.

The image should have a main color, with the borders and text being black. There should be multiple versions of the logo, each with their own main color; gold, crimson, navy, gray, and pine.

CR|-Treasury will fund 200m for this logo

If you have any questions, ask away

Begin!

RE: Looking for new CR logos - SpaceTime - 05-28-2015

Might I add here that the Phoenix as a symbol was also used in early modern Greece. So I find your proposition quite suitable.

RE: Looking for new CR logos - Fluffyball - 05-28-2015

I think double headed eagle is a rather logo for Rheinland (it's even used as an alternative symbol as far as I remember from vanillia)

RE: Looking for new CR logos - Oldum - 05-29-2015

If I manage to get some free time today, I might come up with a concept for you Smile

RE: Looking for new CR logos - Yak - 05-29-2015

Had a go at this one, let me know if I'm close Big Grin

I know you said black writing, but I thought a monocolour logo is always nice to have, anyway, it can be changed!

[Image: Logo1_zps4vh81all.png]

PS: I'll do colour variations, green, blue, etc if and and when I put together a design you're happy with.

RE: Looking for new CR logos - evanz - 05-29-2015

oh i might have a bash later

RE: Looking for new CR logos - Yak - 05-29-2015

As requested, a more "Techno-Byzantine" version, could do with some tidying up, but is this closer to the mark?

[Image: Logo2_zpsa6cwoqcg.png]

RE: Looking for new CR logos - Jack_Henderson - 05-29-2015

(05-29-2015, 11:45 PM)Yak Wrote: As requested, a more "Techno-Byzantine" version, could do with some tidying up, but is this closer to the mark?

[Image: Logo2_zpsa6cwoqcg.png]

Love this one.

RE: Looking for new CR logos - Oldum - 05-30-2015

So , here is my addition to this , not exactly the concept @Teerin showed me, but ... Smile
Tried to keep the "feelng of the old CR logo, dunno if it worked out well.

[Image: Crayter-Republic1_zpsm4kyec1e.png]

Also, a bt of extra added for the Roman/Byzhantine orogin Smile

[Image: Crayter-Republic2_zpsiasygwzq.png]

And since the tech style idea is taken, I took another approach Wink

[Image: Crayter-Republic3_zpshaayxsls.png]

I'm open to suggestions, look at these as concepts that might need tweaking Smile

RE: Looking for new CR logos - Panzer - 05-30-2015

[Image: XNtEq5t.jpg]