Lane Hackers (player faction)
- This is a player faction. For the affiliated NPC faction, see Lane Hackers
|Date of founding||unknown|
|Base of operations||unknown|
(See: Lane Hackers)
- The bankruptcy of the corrupt Ageira Technologies, the nefarious Interspace Commerce, and the dissolute cartel known as [IND] Independents.
- Confiscation of all revenues illicitly purloined from the intellectual expertise of former, current, and future Ageira employees by Ageira Technologies with the collusion of Interspace Commerce, their corporate conspirators, and associated hoodlums in [IND].
- The eventual use of confiscated revenues to establish a new R & D Technology firm to replace the nefarious Ageira Technologies. The firm will honor its employees, conduct fair and just business practices, and pursue technological innovations for the benefit of all mankind. The firm's first project will be the development of an inter-dimensional, quasi-molecular, table-top nomad-brain disgronifier suitable for purchase by every middle-class family in Sirius. Then families can sleep peacefully without worrying about whether there is a nomad under the bed or about to leap out of the dark closet at 2 am when you have to get up to go to the bathroom because you just HAD to drink that 26th Sidewinder Fang before you left your neighbor's groovy shindig.
- Elimination of the hypocritical and puritanical social and legal restrictions on the use of the intellectual enhancer Cardamine.
- The interdiction and disruption of all commercial traffic in the colony of Liberty and its bordering systems in order to bankrupt Ageira Technologies, Interspace Commerce, and [IND] through disruption of their contractual obligations throughout Sirius.
- Harassment and, where necessary, termination of all so-called "legal authorities" under the corrupting influence of Ageira, Interspace Commerce, and [IND].
- Infiltration of commercial interests by Lane Hackers at every level of planning, production, logistics, and security services to provide timely intelligence to the Lane Hacker Professorship, the Hellfire Legion, and allied parties. Disruption of all broadcasts of the ancient Terran Techno-Operational Treatises known as "James Bond films". Confiscation of all known copies of these Treatises for Lane Hacker training purposes.
- Leveraging the Lane Hacker alliance with the Outcasts and Liberty Rogues to further insinuate the enlightenment of Cardamine into Liberty Society at every level.
- Embarrass, Humiliate, Harass, Prank, Infiltrate, Disrupt, Annoy, Irritate, Purify, Cleanse, Flail, Disgronify, Discombobulate, Confuse, Disconcert, Fluster, Rattle, Encumber, Thwart, Obstruct, Hinder, Impede, Interfere, and Tickle =LSF= & [LN] at every turn to reward them for so masterfully and effectively shilling for Ageira Technologies and Interspace Commerce. This shall include but not be limited to sneaking Cardamine into the food supply at the LSF and Liberty Navy barracks and depositing yellow organic liquid supplements into their drinking water at every opportunity.
The ranks are as follows, from highest to lowest.
- Senior Professor
See also Lane Hackers
Slavers Union arrangement
The Lane Hackers will be regularly utilizing our advanced mania-interrogation techniques to persuade pilots to eject from their ships and surrender to us for intelligence debriefings. Once those debriefings are concluded, we desire to repatriate these pilots, or re-educate them as the case may be, via the services of The Slavers Union. Currently, one interrogation vessel has been commissioned and will be berthed at a location to be transmitted to you at a later time. Another may be commissioned as needed for berth elsewhere. Once you have transmitted acceptable terms to us and the prison vessel has passed inspections at Phoenix Shipyard, security codes will be transmitted to you. The Lane Hackers are debriefing Bounty Hunters, civilians, police, and various military/navy pilots. As a term of this contract, The Lane Hackers insist upon the following: The Slavers Union will be responsible for staffing the prison vessel with 50 Lane Hacker Pilots whom you have rescued from the foul clutches of our enemies. We do not care how you obtain our brethren from their enemies, only that you deliver them to us safely. Cardamine is an acceptable form of payment, both for the pilots you collect from us, and the Lane Hackers whom you have rescued and delivered back to our ranks.
Alliance with Liberty Rogues
- LR and LH pilots will provide each other with strategic and tactical assistance when requested.
- LR will grant LH access to all Rogue facilities for the purposes of smuggling, commodities sales, and ship repairs. No Rogue weaponry will be purchased from the Rogues without prior notification and approval.
- LH will grant LR complete access to Mactan Base and Leidan Base for the purposes of smuggling, commodities sales, and ship repairs.
- LH will share intelligence data detailing the disposition of hostile forces, in exchange for high level Liberty Rogue weapons.
- LH will provide LR with access to Codename weapons from our armories, in exchange for Rogue weapons or other needed supplies.
- LH will pay negotiated rates for pilots LR delivers to LH for interrogation. (We'll pay more than you can receive for them in Liberty space on your own).
In contrast to other factions, members of the Lane Hacker faction cannot be readily recognized as they do not use faction identifiers in their call-signs. On joining the Hacker ranks, members dispose of their former identities and adopt aliases. These aliases are primarily the names of prominent antagonists taken from the "James Bond Documentary Series" of ancient Earth.
Certain Lane Hacker agents and ships do still carry an identifier:
- Recruits and Trainees: LH~
- Assassins: LH~A~
- Faction ships: primarily LH. and LH*
Lane Hackers carry Lane Hacker IDs and squawk either Lane Hacker or Lane Hacker Guard IFFs.